lunes, 20 de mayo de 2013

Monumentale

I am a fan of cementeries, I mean, I like to have a walk and get lost among the narrow paths surrounded by the majestuous and enigmatic sculptures they hold. Staring in front of statues and imagining stories is something that has always trapped me. I've recently been to Milan, and couldn't leave the city without paying a visit to its huge cementery, the Monumentale. Now I understand why it has this name, it has an area of 250,000 m2 , and it takes a while to have an idea of what it contains. Italian well-known writer Manzoni's tomb has its place in the impressive building at the very entrance. If by any chance you are in Lombardy's capital , I recommend you to go in here, you won't regret it. Impressive.
Here some of the details you can find.



























No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario